Delivering More Than a Meal to Homebound People of All Ages and Incomes.
Homebound residents of Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Marina Del Rey and Venice who are unable to shop or cook for themselves are eligible. If you have any questions or concerns regarding eligibility, or to get meals tomorrow please call us at: 310-394-5133, extension 1.
Fill Out Our Intake Form
To start we need you to complete and return to us your Intake Form or we can help you do that over the phone. Some of the information you’ll provide includes:
- Your address and special meal needs
- Healthcare provider and doctor name/contact info
- Two emergency personal contacts
Upon completing the form, please call client services 310-394-5133, ext. 1
- Volunteers deliver a hot lunch and cold dinner on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between 10:45 am and 1:45 pm
- Frozen meals provided for Tuesdays
- Our meals are healthy, low sodium, nutritious and, approved by a Los Angeles County certified dietitian.
- In addition to our regular meals we offer medically appropriate meals including diabetic meals, renal meals for kidney disease, Low K meals for heart patients, puree meals and vegetarian meals.
- We will accommodate personal preferences, to some degree, including substituting for pork, fish, etc.
- Frozen meals are available for the weekend upon request
MOW West’s core, heritage program that delivers a Los Angeles County dietitian approved hot lunch and light dinner daily to homebound seniors, the disabled, and the chronically ill of all ages. The Wellness Check monitors the health and wellness of MOW West clients.
Cost-free meals are delivered to veterans of all ages. The daily friendly visit and Wellness Check reduces isolation of older veterans and helps recent veterans reintegrate into civilian life.
Medically appropriate home-delivered meals are provided to recently discharged hospital and physical rehab facilities patients decreasing hospital readmissions and emergency room visits.
As formerly homeless people are housed, MOW West delivers healthy meals and referrals to additional social services that help maintain stability, health & wellness.
Meals on Wheels West volunteers call MOW West clients twice a week to provide socialization, monitor their health & wellness and provide referrals for needs as they come up before they become more chronic.
An intergenerational volunteer initiative that encourages young people to give back to their community. Young volunteers are teamed with adult drivers to deliver meals to seniors and other Meals on Wheels West clients.
MOW West provides pet food and emergency veterinarian treatment to the pets of our low-income clients. The Center for Disease Control reports that having pets has measurable health benefits and decreases loneliness.
All clients are provided an emergency preparedness kit that includes three days of food and water, an emergency radio/flashlight, space blankets and survival information.
Click here for Meals on Wheels West’s Resource List with other available community resources in our service area. The resources range from free medication delivery, housing advocates, fun things to do at home, financial resources and others. All volunteers and clients are provided a regularly updated resource list.