As a volunteer for Meals on Wheels West I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. When I come to volunteer I will be dressed in clean clothing, have good personal hygiene and always wear a shirt and closed toe shoes. If not, I will be sent home. This is a sanitation requirement and a courtesy to others.
2. If I am a driver I will provide a current and valid driver’s license and proof of current car insurance.
3. All information regarding clients is to be kept in strictest confidence and not shared with anyone for the safety and privacy of all parties.
4. While I am in the client's home I will only use my cell phone in an emergency, or if I need to communicate a situation or question with the office.
5. I will treat my co-volunteers, clients, and office staff with courtesy and respect.
6. When taking out a route as a driver or assistant I will keep the meals in the insulated delivery bags for as long as possible to maintain the temperature and integrity of the food. Exceptions to this should be discussed with Angel.
7. I will call the office or email to inform of any schedule changes a minimum of one business day in advance so that the volunteer coordinator has time to find a replacement volunteer. I understand that if I fail to notify the office within the appropriate time frame more than 3 times, I may be subject to suspension.
8. I will report back any unsafe situations that I observe in the client's home.
9. In an emergency, including people who have fallen, requesting help or are unconscious, I will immediately call 911. Then I will call the office and wait with the client until help arrives. I will not touch a fallen individual, I will not pick up someone who has fallen and I will not administer any medication.
By signing below, I agree to the terms and conditions above.