Delivering More Than a Meal to Homebound People of All Ages and Incomes.
Homebound residents of Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Marina Del Rey and Venice who are unable to shop or cook for themselves are eligible. If you have any questions or concerns regarding eligibility, or to get meals tomorrow please call us at: 310-394-5133, extension 1.
Fill Out Our Intake Form
To start we need you to complete and return to us your Intake Form or we can help you do that over the phone. Some of the information you’ll provide includes:
- Your address and special needs
- Doctor’s contact information
- Two emergency contacts
- We deliver a hot lunch and a cold light dinner Monday – Friday
- Our meals are healthy, low sodium, nutritious and, approved by a Los Angeles County certified dietitian.
- In addition to our regular meals we offer medically appropriate meals including diabetic meals, renal meals for kidney disease, Low K meals for heart patients, puree meals and vegetarian meals.
- We will accommodate personal preferences, to some degree, including substituting for pork, fish, etc.
- Frozen meals are available for the weekend
Our main program that delivers a LA County dietician approved hot lunch and light dinner to homebound seniors, the disabled, and the chronically ill of all ages. The daily Wellness Check monitors the health and wellness of our clients.
Cost-free meals are delivered to veterans of all ages. The daily friendly visit and Wellness Check reduces isolation of older veterans and helps recent veterans reintegrate into civilian life.
Medically appropriate home-delivered meals are provided to recently discharged hospital and rehab facilities patients decreasing rehospitalizations and emergency room visits.
Food and Shelter
As formerly homeless people are housed, we deliver healthy meals and referrals to additional social services that help maintain stability.
An intergenerational volunteer initiative that encourages young people to give back to their community. We team young volunteers with adult drivers to deliver meals to seniors and other MOW West clients.
MOW West provides pet food and emergency veterinarian treatment to the pets of our low income clients. The Center for Disease Control reports that having pets has measurable health benefits and decreases loneliness.