Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Meals on Wheels West! Meals on Wheels West delivers a hot lunch and light dinner to those who are homebound in Santa Monica, Venice, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey and parts of Malibu. There is Hidden Hunger in even the most affluent of areas. Volunteers deliver hot meals and a warm smile to those who are in need Monday through Friday from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm. Volunteers are often the only people clients see all day.
By joining the Meals on Wheels West community to volunteer once a week, once a month, or even once a year you can make a huge difference in the fight against isolation, hunger, and loneliness and help keep people in their homes. Strong relationships are formed and the benefits of volunteering are enormous.
There is a simple 3 step process to becoming a volunteer.
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Form
- View the training video
- Complete the easy Background check (you will be contacted once step one is completed)
Perks of being a Meals on Wheels West volunteer:
- ICloud-based scheduling system with daily/monthly schedule reminders
- Same day text reminders of shift
- All hours tracked for reporting/future use
- Monster Bash Annual Fundraising Party
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- Monthly Volunteer Workshops
- Volunteer Community Garden
- Volunteer Appreciation Station
- Friday Fun Day – Coffee & Donuts
Meals on Wheels West can tailor the volunteer schedule to meet your needs…
Please feel free to call Maggie at (310) 394-5133, ext. 3, so Meals on Wheels West staff can go over any questions that you may have.