Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with us at Meals on Wheels West! We deliver Meals to those who are homebound in Santa Monica, Venice, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey and parts of Malibu. There is Hidden Hunger in even the most affluent of areas. We deliver hot meals and a warm smile to those who are in need Monday through Friday from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm. We are often the only people they see all day.
By joining our community to volunteer once a week, once a month, or even once a year you can make a huge difference in the fight against isolation, hunger, and loneliness and help keep people in their homes. Strong relationships are formed and the benefits of volunteering are enormous.
We have a simple 4 step process to becoming a volunteer.
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Form
- View the training video
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement
- Complete the easy Background check (we will contact you once step one is completed)
What do we have for our Beloved Volunteers?
- ICloud-based scheduling system with daily/monthly schedule reminders
- Same day text reminders of shift
- All hours tracked for reporting/future use
- Monster Bash Annual Fundraising Party
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- Monthly Volunteer Workshops
- Volunteer Community Garden
- Volunteer Appreciation Station
- Friday Fun Day – Coffee & Donuts
We can tailor the volunteer schedule to meet your needs…
Please feel free to call Jennifer at (310) 394-5133, ext. 2, so that we can go over any questions that you may have.